Friday, November 23, 2007

It takes more than an ostrich to defeat purple

ROCK HARD? I don't get it...
I was walking to the pharmacy and happened upon this mattress (see image, right). I was taken by the fact that it was a nice number (thirteen squared) but the real thing that got me was the fact that it is perfect for the person who has a home without a FLOOR.
"I am looking for a place for my rock hard mattress as I like to sleep on the road, but it's a bit noisy."
I wonder if you'd need to put sheets on it, otherwise it may lose its rocky'ness. I honestly don't understand this type of advertising. I also have issues with ads noting "or nearest offer". Is this really binding? Car for sale - $3500 o.n.o. and you offer the vendor $300... will they have to sell it to you? Always been one of those vexing questions.
Source: http://xkcd.com/197/Now, more drivel... the subject of this post was once a subject of an email I sent in 1997. It was a total stream of consciousness email which I sadly have lost to the aether (aka Rocketmail). For some reason the comic, above, brought up the memory of that (in)famous email. There is no logic behind this.
That's it for today. I have a Bollywood party tomorrow to prepare for.
Namaste...

El Quote:
I have a king-sized bed. I don’t know any kings, but if one ever needed to sleep over, I guess he’d be comfortable. “Oh, you’re a king, you say? Wait until you see what I have in store for you! It is to your exact specifications…I did not know you guys were all the same size. I think I can set your lady up too!”
Mitch Hedberg

No comments: