Monday, July 23, 2007

The Middle Name - or lack thereof

You Four-Eyed F#%&!!! I was not born with a middle name and this appears to put me in the minority, at least with the people I know... it's harder to gauge whether or not someone has one when you seem them in the street.



There are famous people with middle names - F. Scott Fitzgerald and Harry S Truman to note but two. And interestingly (to me) Harry Truman's middle name is "S" and therefore both a middle initial and name.



There are people who can include a nickname in their common name, such as I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, and yet here I am with a First Name and a Surname, and nothing betwixt.



Not that it's a problem, but I have been pondering the benefit of adopting a name. I am unsure why, but I have been told that G. Dustin should replace my first name. It has not taken off (yet) but I like the full stop and GDS does have a ring to it.



I'm taking suggestions for a middle name, and if it's good enough, it may be adopted by Deed Poll. If not, you can probably still call me by that new name - for I am one for new coinage.



Until that time, I remain yours:



GS/GDS/Steak/Sir L/Capt G/CC/any other name I'm given, frankly (other than Frankly)





Today's quote

I had amnesia once or twice.
Steven Wright

No comments: