Thursday, July 19, 2007

Who let the blogs out?

New Yorker cartoon which makes some sense

Words such as paucity, scarcity and dearth have been hovering in my head for a while.

When something bearing a resemblance to Schrödinger's Cat - Facebook, being both useless and useful at once - blogging has dissipated until now. I've not much to say but that is the perfect forum for a blog. Since the last blog a few things have happened:

  • The Think Tank about Nothing which I'm part of has moved no further forward in its goals, meetings or structure.
  • The soccer team I'm in has been doing well and for the first time in a LONG TIME may make the finals.
  • The snow in Australia has been falling in greater amounts than I can recall in my limited snowboarding career.
  • There's been an odd prevalence of people using the word penultimate which, for some odd reason, irks me.
  • I've had weird comments when I talk about Nabokov's lecture on Kafka's Metamorphosis.
  • Arrested Development has moved up into number 1 spot on my best shows on tv.
  • I've worn a suit to work but once in six months.
  • Someone signed off an email let me know if I can help you with anything and when I asked her to read over my working draft of the solution to the Goldbach Conjecture she didn't reply.
  • This site is still my favourite on the net.
  • I'm already over Harry Potter and I have only read book #2.
  • Whomsoever is just a pretentious way of saying whomever which itself is a pretentious way of saying whoever.

That'll do for now. It's not easy to catch up with all the blogs of my friends (real friends, not just Facebook friends), so I guess it's best for you the reader (yes, singular) to keep this brief.

And finally...


Mitch Hedberg:
You know, if I made orange juice, I would not be so hardcore on people. I would be more polite, like I would not print 'shake well' on the carton, cause you don't know how good people can shake, you know? I would write, 'Shake to the best of your ability.' Then I'd have a diagram that shows the uninitiated how to shake. 'Alright, put it over here, then put it over here, then put it over here quicker.'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Speaking of blogs, check this one out: http://indexed.blogspot.com/

Also, something you might consider wearing to work: http://www.utilikilts.com/