Monday, July 16, 2007

Metempsychoses & Vestibular Neuronitis

I did not win this trophy
To reveal 8 things about ourselves…
THE RULES
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.


i. I do not eat anything that ends in -erry. Yes, that includes any berry or cherry or sherry. The rule/shtick is only in relation to words in english and has nothing to do with anything. So don't give me a word which means "salad" in another language and hold me to my rule.


ii. I had my head trodden on in Shoalhaven while sleeping.


iii. I studied optoelectronics... and this results in an odd interest in physics and maths and has no nexus to many other things. It is often a conversation stopper and something few people understand.


iv. I am ambidextrous. This has not come in handy (ahem) that often, but when I broke my thumb during university I was able to take notes, with some legibility, with my left hand. I can eat with chopsticks in both hands and profess to kick a soccer ball with both feet.


v. I don't like people. As a general statement, cynicism trumps most things. As Jerry Seinfeld says of people, They're the worst. Role models include Larry David, Lucille Bluth, Woody Allen and Mel Brooks.


vi. Paul Cezanne is my favourite artist and inspires me to paint. I don't paint enough, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it (and care not if others do not).


vii. Bacardi and passito are a good combination for a refreshing summer drink. Do not mock until you try.


viii. Pici is my favourite pasta and recommend Montepulciano for a good sampling of said pasta. If you ever want good food, look no further than Tuscany.



Now to give 8 blogs to continue this meme.


I shall name 8 people and if they read this blog they can add it in the comments here or in their own blog:

Joel Stern, David Grunstein, Natalie Shell, DJ Lee, Caroline Blewman, Rojo CC, KP, Clarence


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the Vestibular Neuronitis come from when you were stepped on your head...?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that reminds me, as Treasurer of MSN (Misanthropes Sommes Nous), I need to tell you that you still haven't submitted your membership fee... :)

No, seriously, thx for sharing and for the tag...will need to think if I even have 8 quirky factoids to share...